Lets imagine you have couple projects where:
- Each is in different namespace
- All projects (namespaces) are sharing common secrets
What would you do then ?
Unfortunately all settings or secrets are assigned just to specific namespace.
- We must create secrets in one space and copy to another.
- Lets assume we get TLS secrets from one namespace.
kubectl get secrets kubectl get secret dev-cert -o yaml > dev-cert.yml # to get base64 encoded file
- Next what we can do is checking this certificate
cat dev-cert.yml | grep -Pio "(?<= tls.crt: )(.+)" | base64 --decode | openssl x509 -text > dev-cert.processed # in case of mac install grep and execute ggrep command
# To see issuer cat dev-cert.processed | grep -i "Issuer" # To see for which domain certificate is cat dev-cert.processed | grep -i "CN ="
- Remember to do the apply for ingress after that
kubectl get secret dev-cert --namespace=first-namespace --export -o yaml | kubectl apply --namespace=second-namespace -f -
In order to check if everything has been done properly you can check your domain in the browser (chrome/firefox). Just by clicking lock button.